Wednesday, July 21, 2010

where i am now

I feel almost obligated to update. Since I've had sweet handful of people say to me, "i read your blog"
and well, I'm not as bummed out as i was just a couple days ago. the sun rises, i bike to school, i study chem, i try to hang out with my brother who's so sweet and he's moving to alabama in a week.
he really loves me, and i find that given the events of the last little bit that i feel pessimistic about non-familial close relationships. in a week i had an ex and an ex best friend write me scathing little electronic communications which at best were emotionally cathartic for them at my expense.

after the inital depression of getting over the abrupt dumping done by that guy who now has permanently earned "ex" status i find that i just feel empty in my social interactions. i used to feel optimistic and hopeful about everybody i met, more or less.

people hurt each other. this truth i dont know if i can quite get over.

Plato said, “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”


2 comments:

sara said...

i was one of those people.

i am glad you are feeling a bit better. and i know what you mean when you speak of that empty feeling in social interactions. i feel that way at times, too.

i like you, miss amanda van.

Hayley said...

I love thee