Wednesday, April 7, 2010

collaborate

i'm super excited about a bunch of art shows brock and i thought up. we just stayed up for a long time with some butcher paper and markers and wrote out all these ideas. several things occured to me:
1. the only thing holding us back from having shows all the time is lack of venue
2. shows are the best package for art ideas for us
3. talking to brock is exciting, talking to a lot of other people is boring
4. even though i feel really good about this med school thing i also feel really good about pounding out alot of art, making a lot of shows
5. the idea of doing guerilla art attack shows is super great. I like the idea of one night installation house shows, inviting friends to play music and even dance depending on the house and the art. there's nothing more utopian to me than creating and experience art together.
6. i wonder what it would take to organize an informal art council that was just about local art shows and connected local art and music events. do we already have that in provo and i just dont know about it?

1 comment:

Melissa Noonchester Swan said...

I thought it would be a great idea to have art displayed and have shows in Cookie. But then someone had snuck into my house in the middle of the night and snatched the idea when I was sleeping. I saw it parked outside the front of the MOA this last year.