Wednesday, October 14, 2009

changeling

When I was younger I read this book called the changeling. I tried to find it on the internet just now and found a million other books with the same title. Popular young adult fiction title apparently. it's about a half-human and half...elf? girl. There was a description that came to me last night.
She didn't know that she was half and half, she thought she was like everyone else, except she was a little slower with illusions, but when it comes to everyone's attention they decide to shrink her back into a baby and switch her with a full-blooded human baby. She doesn't want to and starts shaking her fists and screaming which is exactly what babies do. But she's stuck and the only way to make it bearable is to forget everything that she used to be and everything she knows and start again.

so there i was lying in bed completely alone in this big empty flat with really high ceilings. and i realized i just have to make myself forget as much as possible utah, for the time being at least otherwise i won't be able to be completely here.

2 comments:

anna. said...

dont forget about utah: /

...or at least don't forget about ohio. it's basically better. can't wait to hear more about art school!!

SamYam said...

When I was in Japan on foreign exchange, I was having an unbearably hard time missing my friends. My brother delivered some pessimistic news that in the end cheered me up. He said that my friends at home aren't thinking of me, nor do they really miss me, so thinking of them and missing them won't help much cause they're not doing the same. It was sad, but it lifted me up.